Snow Day #2

It finally arrived and now we have 2 snow days!  Hopefully not 3--there is a limit to how much family togetherness we can take without verbally, emotionally, or physically harming one another!

Don't get me wrong, I love my girls.  I love my husband.  I love my mother.  I love my mother and father in-law.  No, we're not like Charlie Bucket's family in which both sets of grandparents lived with them (and shared a huge bed!).  Our parents live far from us.  This weekend both sets came to visit.  It's been great, yesterday we played Hand and Foot for at least 6 hours (enjoyed until the last 2 rounds).  We've watched a movie or two, cooked many meals together, and overall had a great time.  But it's been longer than 3 days, today makes day 5.  It's smelling a bit fishy around here!

Thankfully this afternoon I have to get out of the house--I'm getting an MRI.  It's probably nothing but my doctor wants to be sure.  See, I have a "unicorn bump."  For the past 7 years, or so, I've entertained  the kids' friends by telling them I'm part unicorn and the proof was when they felt my forehead--there's a rigid notch like the nub of a unicorn horn that's just beginning to sprout.  It's hard, like bone, otherwise I probably would have gone to the doctor earlier and asked about it.  It never hurt nor caused any disturbances.  But a few weeks ago as we ate dinner, Valerie said, "Mom, I can SEE your unicorn horn!"  She was right, it's grown.  Before you couldn't see it, only feel it.  Now that it's visible and potentially embarrassing I went to the doc.   After a few laughs about my unicorn bump she suggested an MRI. 

Ever since I noticed it had grown I've been having headaches--I'm fairly certain it's psychosomatic.  Perhaps I really am part  unicorn.  One never truly knows.  Hopefully, the MRI will tell us something so I can quit with the psychotic headaches!

We haven't heard from my in-laws today, FiL was ready to hit the road last night but MiL was prepared to stay until the roads are safe.  I think I'd like to have one more round of Hand and Foot so I could hopefully redeem myself from yesterday's game.  Hopefully, tomorrow everyone will be back to school, work, and driving home safely.

Comments

Rebecca Ramsey said…
Oh I will be thinking of you.
Your situation reminds me of something a kennel man once said to my husband. We had canceled a trip with my parents who were visiting, because we all got sick. When my husband went to pick up the cat, since we were staying home after all, he said, "You're sick--AND your mother in law is visiting? You have surely suffered enough!"

All that company is enough to put anyone on edge--and to have the worry of an MRI...I'll pray for peace, good news, and for the ice to melt!
Terri said…
I hope all is ok with the MRI...and you. and that family all made it home safely....
revhipchick said…
Thanks Rebecca and Terri! Rebecca, your story is hilarious!
revkjarla said…
oh dear friend,
I am sorry I missed out on all of this..especially with the MRI and the bump on your head. Praying with you and for you (I read backwards....)
love to you...

Popular Posts