A day with the Spirit

I was concerned about worship this morning.  Not so much worship but my sermon.  I did my research but hadn't made a preaching plan.  However, thanks be to God!  Worship was awesome!  Sometimes I wonder if I should ever make a worship plan, outline, manuscript because sometimes when I don't have a clue what I'm going to say, God provides the words and it's way better than what I could have come up with!  I know this morning the Spirit was with me because I could not have done that own my own. 

I napped the afternoon away which is both good and bad.  I'll stick with good.  We had a small but good youth group tonight.  I had a wonderful visit with a great couple who demonstrate with their lives what it is to be Christian not just in word but in deed as well.

As I stepped into the house and began to switch into sweats Joel told me to stop that someone had come by and needed me to visit their mother because she has refused to take any of her meds and is "ready." 

As I drove to see her I prayed for strength because I wasn't sure that I could go in and be the calm and abiding presence.  This is a woman I love.  I love the people I serve but there are some who are especially special to me and she is one of those people.  It was a bit of suprise.  The last time I saw her she told me not to worry that she would live so this was quite a change. 

Thanks be to God, God graced me yet again this day.  I  was blessed to be invited into this time of saying good-bye.  She told me she loved me and I gave her my love as well.  We prayed and again, I could feel the Spirit with me. 

I didn't cry until I got into my car.  It took a while for me to stop and I'm still a bit shaky.  I will miss her terribly.  I know she will be in Glory but I will miss her.  I know it's selfish, I will miss her because I could go to her home and be comepletely myself. 

Thanks be to God .  I don't know what else to say.

Comments

revkjarla said…
oh friend.
hard,honored, holy and hallowed.
love to you.
Terri said…
Oh, I know that love you have for that parishioner. Prayers for you as you travel this week and the end of her life. May it be filled with grace upon grace.

Popular Posts