Today’s Friday Five celebrates the spontaneous child in all of us… at least the one that we admire in someone else:
1) On a scale of 1-5, with 5 being I can’t do this now I am about to jump into a pit of plastic balls at the mini-mall and 1 being I can’t do this now until I can get all of the fonts on my blog to match – where are you? unfortunately, i'd say a 2. that might be a surprise to some of you but it seems that with each time i became a new mother i lost a bit of silliness and spontaneity. i remember playing with Merkin--finger painting, crawling on the ground, building houses out of moving boxes, making up silly songs. all of that got less and less with each child. it makes me sad that Merkin was the only one to get the fun mom.
2) What is the silliest/most childlike thing you have done as an adult? hmm...probably acting like a zombie in the grocery store. i'm not sure what it is about grocery stores but they just beg me to act like a goofball. when we lived in KC we'd act like zombies or Frankenstein shopping and then run the cart to the car as fast as we could (not always but after checking for safety--of course!)
3) Any regrets? not for things i've done but that my younger girls won't have the same fun memories that Merkin will have
4) What is the silliest thing you have ever seen another adult do on purpose? at a kid's swimming party some very large men where diving off the board and into innertubes. i kept expecting someone to get stuck but it never happened. man, that was hilarious and they were having a great time.
5) What is something you wish you did when you had the chance? standing up in a super yummy restaurant and shouting "bravo! bravo!" while clapping to thank the chefs--we didn't because we were worried about possibly getting banned from the place!
BONUS: For our ‘I told you so’ sides – what thing did you skip doing and you’re really glad you did! going way back--a friend saved me from getting a really goofy tattoo