Cheers to a New Year!

Happy 2013!

I don't remember ever remember being so excited and grateful for a new year.  As our youngest went around the house asking what our resolutions for 2013 are I spouted out the usual:  eat healthier, exercise more, spend less, and write more.  But as I walked away random thoughts racing through my monkey mind the most important resolution I could make flitted into my head.  In the year of 2013 I am giving up FEAR.  It's also rather poetic to give up fear in the year of 13.  Throughout my life I have chosen to  embrace Friday the 13th as a lucky day rather than one to fear--why not do the same with the year of 2013?

This year has been difficult to say the least.  It has been fraught with fear and doubt.  It has also been filled with courage and strength overcoming the obstacles thrown before us.  I have discovered throughout this year that I am stronger than I know. 

My new resolution for 2013 is to disarm the fears that hold me back from living life to its fullest.  To shine with courage and strength no matter what comes my way. 

May God's blessings shower upon you this year and when hardships come your way (as they always do) may God's strength and comfort guide you through them.  Happy 2013!

Comments

Popular Posts