My 5 favorite perks of ministry
- We only work 1 day a week! Right?!?!? Ok, so maybe not but our hours are flexible which can be both the best and worst of worlds. Given the snowpacalypse of this week, I'm feeling very grateful for this perk.
- We get to ask and wrestle with the "big questions"--that is actually our job! I LOVE this!
- We are invited into the holy moments of people's lives.
- Reading is a job requirement!
- Creativity counts--sometimes I forget this and get stuck in my personal ruts and/or the ruts of my churches but then there are days in which I remember that my job is to help others ask the big questions, invite others into holy moments and holy lives, work for the Kingdom (justice and peace), and walk with people in this journey to God--wow! It's freeing and I remember that creativity, like reading, is a job requirement! How cool is that?