A Glorious Easter!

Last week was a difficult week for me.  We lost a beloved woman, one especially close to my heart.  Her husband then fell and broke his hip, another man returned to the hospital possibly with an additional stroke (he regressed quite a bit in just a few days) and it was Holy Week with extra services and preparations. 

Quite truthfully, I was feeling a bit sorry for myself and struggled with some depression.  Then I read an email from another pastor in this area about his Easter experience which was wonderful.  As I emailed him back, thanking him for sharing his story I shared a bit of mine and it hit me just how wonderful and blessed I was by our Easter and how blessed I am in general, so I thought I'd share some good news for a change!

Within my first few months there was a crisis with a family that hit really close to home for me.  A couple lost a child far along in the pregnancy.  The doctors told them it was unlikely they could ever have one.  It was devastating.  Then they lost another.  This past Easter I baptized their infant son!  It was an extraordinary moment!  Additionally, I was honored to welcome them (officially) into our church family! 

Joel, my hubby/wanna be elementary school teacher, gave the most amazing and entertaining and profound children's sermon ever!  As he led the children's time, I continually thought:  "There is NO way I'm preaching after that!  There's nothing left for me to say!  I guess I'll just sit down and be done!"

But then there was an amazing musical special and a scripture reading between times and I was able to give a sermon and a very good one at that!  Which was a miracle in itself!  I had planned on telling a story that included my dad and not in a fabulous light, however the Spirit led me in a different direction.  Thank goodness for that because who showed up to surprise me?  Yep!  My dad and his fiance!  A little over halfway into the sermon I spotted him and then said a quick prayer for not revealing/sharing the story!

Our sunrise service had gorgeous weather and it was lovely.

I also worshipped at the nursing home that afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed making a joyful noise unto the Lord with them (I'm not a singer and most of them weren't either).

After that our family went to a hotel with a small water park and relaxed and played together.  There were only a handful of families/people there and so it was perfect!  Definitely an Easter to remember and rejoice in!

Thanks be to God!  God is great!  Amen!

Comments

Terri said…
oh, Crystal, lovely...all of it.

Popular Posts