Skip to main content

Me & Kat Von D

I had the craziest dreams last night!  I didn't want to wake up cuz I was having so much fun!

(isn't she the cutest ever?)
Kat Von D.  is a great tattoo artist, LA Ink, is a TV show that takes place at her shop.  Each time I watch it I exclaim, "I want Corey to do my next tattoo!"  Corey is pretty awesome, I love his personality and watching how he relates with his clients.

Anywho!

In my dream, Kat's tattoo shop was more of a dark New Ageish book store--lots of goth clothes, books, candles, decor, & jewelry.  They even had some crazy exotic animals.  I had bought a huge snake but didn't like her very much, she scared me too much to be a good pet.  As I went in to check out the store I started talking with Kat and telling her that I didn't know what to do with the snake.  She said that I could bring it in to the shop and they'd see if they could sell it.

I brought the snake in and long story short--it ate a cougar!  How crazy is that?  It was quite a site watching the two of them fight and waiting to see who would be the victor.  None of us imagined that the snake would win! 

Onto to Kat.  She had to leave for a few days and asked me to cover for her int he shop.  Some of the folks were really concerned that a pastor would be working in their non-Christian store.  I knew it would be worse if I attempted to prove that I was cool enough to be there (cuz of course I'm not!) but I did promise not to mention Jesus unless someone else asked about Jesus or Christianity.  Then I went onto say that there were a handful of pastors with tattoos and who liked the goth cultre.  Needless to say that din't impress anyone.

It actually turned out to be a good day--other than the snake getting loose, going crazy, eating the cougar, and everyone seeing how I was completely afraid of my own snake (although not without reason obviously).  I sold some cool knickknacks/decor stuff and had fun talking with the kids coming into the store.

When Kat returned we decided that we'd have a night at the shop in which we'd talk theology--answering questions and stuff. In my dream Kat was wiccan/pagan ( I don't know about in real life) and so we'd have lots to talk about with the differences between our belief systems as well as where we cross over. 

I'm now questioning if I should even post this cuz it isn't coming out nearly as cool and fun as the dream experience!  Grrr....I guess it was a "you had to be there" moment.  Dreamland...the space in which everything is fluid and constantly interchanging and when I try to share it with someone else, the details become illusive and slippery.  I guess the cool conversation with me and Kat Von D will have to stay in Dreamland.

Comments

revkjarla said…
thank god someone else is having some interesting and thought provoking dreams!!
I love it.

I like how you said you were having so much fun you didn't want to wake up!!

Popular posts from this blog

My Third-trimester Abortion

It's something I don't talk about much.

In the past I referred to it as a stillbirth. It was a stillbirth. But it was also an induced labor in my third trimester, hence making it a third-trimester abortion.

When I discovered I was pregnant I was only 16 years old. I'm pretty sure Christopher was conceived on the night my mom walked in on my boyfriend and I having sex on the couch. I thought she was going to be at work but she came home early. He ran out the door and I cried while my mother yelled profanities at me. It was a horrible night for all of us.

I wasn't smart enough to consider pretending I was on my period. After a few months my mom asked me if I was pregnant. She was right but I denied it just the same. Tim and I had talked about giving the baby up for adoption but we were scared out of our minds and decided I'd get an abortion. Another month or so passed, I hadn't gotten an abortion and I couldn't deny my pregnancy to my mom anymore. I told her …

Cancer blues

Most days I feel really positive and good.  Today is not one of those days. Today is one of those days in which I've been thinking about having my lymph nodes removed and the risk of lymphodema in my legs. Dr. Gyn/Onc seemed more worried about this side effect than the actual cancer.  I don't want to go there but sometimes those images of log tree legs, remembering the pain from the swelling in my legs when I was pregnant, and imagining the drains being stuck in my body for a week or more, well it makes my skin crawl.

I know there will be good days and bad days. I try to keep the bad days from my family and friends. I know they are stressed too.

I feel like we are one of those families in which something is always going on and people start to pull away wondering WTF is wrong with them!

I'm used to being the care taker, not the one receiving care.

I have to find a new normal and that won't happen until after the surgery.  So I need an interim normal for the time being.

Cancer and unicorns

I wish I could remember where I found this prayer, it gives me strength and courage. 

Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers,
but to be fearless in facing them.

Let me know beg for the stilling of my pain,
but for the heart to conquer it.

Let me not crave in anxious fear to be saved,
but hope for the patience to win my freedom.

Grant me that I may not be a coward,
feeling your mercy in my success alone;
but let me find the grasp of your hand in my failure.

Written by Rabindranath Tagore

It turns out I have actual cancer.  In the tiniest of ways I am concerned but overall I am very positive about kicking some cancer ass. I think it has helped going through the precancerous stuff and emotions. I now know that I can get through the surgery. I know what I face and that I am surrounded by people who love and care for me and will help me through this.

A few months ago I had a "unicorn party" for my staff because things had been rough in the office and most folks had persona…