Monday, May 18, 2009

Taken


I just finished watching the movie, Taken, with Liam Neeson. I LOVED it! It's violent, totally unbelievable, but man oh man, Liam kicks some booty!


So what is that about? In real life, I attempt to be a peaceful person and avoid violence as much as possible. Yet, I love crazy unbelievable action movies--Taken, Face Off, Fight Club, Sin City, Pulp Fiction. What is up with that? It seems like a complete break with who I think I am.


What is it about us, humans, that seem to almost crave violence and carnage? Is that simply part of our brokeness or is it more complicated than that?

2 comments:

revkjarla said...

I don't know what it is either.
However, Liam is hunky.

zorra said...

A safe way to discharge our own aggression? Maybe. I don't know. Movies like that just upset me, so I don't watch them.

But yeah. What revkjarla said.