Too good not to share...from Inward/Outward a Project of Church of the Saviour

God Says Yes to Me

by Kaylin Haught

I asked God if it was okay to be melodramatic
and she said yes
I asked her if it was okay to be short
and she said it sure is
I asked her if I could wear nail polish
or not wear nail polish
and she said honey
she calls me that sometimes
she said you can do just exactly
what you want to
Thanks God I said
And is it even okay if I don't paragraph
my letters
Sweetcakes God said
who knows where she picked that up
what I'm telling you is
Yes Yes Yes

Comments

revkjarla said…
I love this. I am saving it for my women's retreat. It's perfect.
THANK YOU!
Oh wow. This is a great poem. Thank you!

And I saw all the medical stuff you're going thru: I'm praying for you.
Lainie Petersen said…
Wow. Beautiful. Thank you.

Popular Posts