Great day at the K!

It was a glorious day at the K!  The sun was shining, we had a great breeze for most of the afternoon.  We were with great friends and even ran into a few by surprise.  The people watching was fierce!  Crazy drunken men and women making fools of themselves and their friends.  We were relieved when we realized that they were not a family--or at least we hope they were not!

My girls didn't fight!  In fact, they got along wonderfully!  On our way home, they even talked about how great it was to just hang out and get along--they talked about how much they enjoyed being with each other!  I began to worry that perhaps this was my gift before wrecking the car and taking us out in a horrific car crash!  Thankfully, we all arrived safe at home tonight!

I wish I had a picture of the kid's face who sat in front of Merkin.  The Royals' announcer began playing an instrumental version of Lil' Mama's "Lip Gloss."  Merkin made a crack about me being old and asked if I knew what the song was.  I replied that yes, I knew it was Lil' Mama.  She then made another crack about me being old and lame.  So after a few minutes I turned to her rapping "My lip gloss is cool, my lip gloss is poppin..." and the poor kid in front of us about keeled over laughing--it was awesome!

The Royals lost the game but we had a great time cheering just the same. 

After the game we talked with some pastors who are absolutely amazing!  Beautiful on the inside and out.  Highly intelligent and extraordinarily witty.  The he of the pair will be appointed to the one church in KCMO that I would LOVE to pastor!  I'm so jealous!  That said, I know he'll be amazing and can't wait to hear and see how he and his family will impact the church.  I'm glad he'll be there even if I'd rather it be me!  That said, I know that I am where God wants me for now so it's "all good!" 

It's way past my bedtime so I better go.  Just had to say hello and brag a bit about mustaches at the K, great friends, and awesome entertainment!  Can't wait till the next day at the K!  Next time with Miss Ainsley!  I miss you girlie!

Comments

Terri said…
sounds like a lot of good fun!

Popular Posts