Assignment #2: Sentence series

6 years ago my Introduction to Bible professor, Warren, gave me new eyes to see, new ears to hear, and new pages to touch, and new words to read. For 6 long years I have waited to read Solomon’s words of Wisdom; I have waited to hear my name called at the city gates; I have waited to breathe in new breaths of life that I now know will sustain me in the desert and nourish me in the wilderness of life.

Sure, I’ve heard Wisdom cry from the city gates: I was with God in the beginning, helping with creation, and was his daily delight; my words may seem crooked but they are straight; take my words of instruction rather than silver and take my knowledge rather than gold; those who seek will find me; whoever finds me finds life.

I know that words like hers echo and reverberate through the good news of the gospel. In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. I speak in parables, so that looking they may not perceive and listening they may not understand. Knock and the door will open unto you. Those who seek will find. Whoever saves their life will lose it, whoever loses their life for me will find it.

For 6 long years I have flirted faithfully but never explored enthusiastically, dived deeply, nor thoroughly thrust myself into Wisdom’s world.

6 long years after Warren first opened my eyes, cleaned out my ears, removed my gloves, and invited me to take a different look. For the first time, I opened the Wisdom of Solomon. For the first time in a long time, I cheered the words on the page. Finally, at last, I loosened the locks of Scripture and flew from the cage of Cannon.

Comments

Rebecca Ramsey said…
Oh. So beautifully written.
Thank you.
Terri said…
yes....fly my friend!

Popular Posts