I've been relieved of failure and fear! I wish! I have been relieved of writing and focusing on failure and fear for my mentor! It is now time to focus on success and what that looks like for me.
This morning, success looks and feels like taking care of myself. I haven't been doing such a good job of that lately. Work has zapped my time and energy. Family has been hard lately as well. Interesting that I've been encouraged to think and write about success and here I am flailing my back once again. What does success look like right now? Taking care of myself, treating myself and my body with love and respect
- writing: creating time and space to express myself
- hitting and kicking bags at 9 Round--it's good for my body and mind, one of the best stress relievers I've ever experienced and the people there are encouraging and supportive
- eating and drinking things that help my body rather than hurt it--I know gluten and dairy rob my body of energy and create pain
- while I'm treating my body as a temple then I should also get some new stained glass (tattoos)
- ooh, spending some time at R.E.S.T. Float solutions--indulging in relaxation and prayer
- time playing with my family--the girls are older and so play looks different now but our best times have been painting together, ooh, yes, we need a painting day!
- time with Joel
- time with friends
- reading--this past week I started reading again, it had been months since I've read for pleasure
- prayer--significant time spent in prayer
- focus at work and then leaving work at the office
- not working on Sundays and enjoying the time with my church family
- making love
- leaving fear and failure behind, not letting it get in my way, understanding that both are normal parts of life but not giving them control
- preaching with heart and love
- acting in and for justice
- hosting parties for family and friends
- cooking and baking
My fingers gobbled up more time than I had planned. It felt good though. I really like this to-do list! What does success look like to you?