check it out: Baxter's Ongoing Thoughts

I've decided to make an effort to read more blogs and get back into blogging on a consistant basis.  Over at Baxter's Ongoing Thoughts is a great article on our thoughts about ourselves and our thoughts about God.  It's a great read and I highly reccomend it.

Baxter asks about our "I am nots..."  For example, I am not...
  • brilliant
  • amazing
  • deserving
  • smart enough
  • pretty enough
  • holy enough
  • thin enough
  • generous enough
  • musical
  • healthy
...you get the picture. Whar are you not?

He goes on to talk about what people think of God, a few examples
God is:
  • judging
  • angry
  • demanding
  • dissatisfied with humans
  • etc.
He points out that we often project our own negative aspects onto god.  God is so much more than anything we can projectonto  God-either postive or negative.  Why is this so easy to forget?  Why is it so diffcult to to recognize the ?Christ within us, I am like God.  I am...we are...
  • Loving
  • Kind
  • Compassione
  • sensitive to the needs and desires of others
  • respectful
  • creative
  • beautiful
What/how are you like God?

Comments

Amy said…
Hmmm... I think I'm going to have to check this out. Thanks for posting this!

Popular Posts