Cradled by God

I went to church this morning. It was the first time in months. I arrived 45 minutes early because I didn't remember the correct time.  

The upside was sitting in the solitude of the sanctuary. Then the choir came out and practiced.  It was lovely.  

Then came the sermon...it was exactly what I needed to hear. While we sang one of the hymns I felt as if I was being cradled by God.  Between the words of the sermon, the words of the hymn, and the music flowing over me I realized that I was where I needed to be.  Not just this morning but in my life.

My good work is part of my calling right now. I need this time to rest in church, to listen to others' preaching, to remember that it is not all about me.

I'm also learning to be a part of church again. I'll be leading an Advent class at the end of the month. This week I'm meeting with a woman (UMC no less) who is charged with planting a church --she was told I'd be a good resource. That feels pretty damn good.

It's not about me. I am being cradled and healed.

Comments

trouble said…
you are a good resource for planting a church. and consulting on a church plant is a good resource for you. embrace it and let it all embrace you.

Popular Posts