This is the day

This is the day.

This is the day that our life truly begins anew.  Each day offers ample opportunity for renewal, redemption, and rededication.  This is our family's day.

It's Monday morning and there is no crying as my girls wave their daddy off to work.  Instead, an early morning argument between mother and teenage daughter.  The house is now quiet with a sleeping spouse and sleeping daughters.  No early morning tears.  No early morning rush scuttlebutting Joel out the door and on the road.  No early morning Monday morose.

This is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it!

Comments

Rebecca Ramsey said…
You're so right. More often than not I wake up and assume the day is just about getting my list done. Surviving and moving on. But the day is so much more than that. I need to remember what an opportunity it is. What a gift!

Popular Posts