See you later, dear Mary Daly


Mary, I can't really say good-bye. It's hard to believe that you've passed into the great BEyond. It makes me sad to think that we no longer have you with us, but I'm sure you're shaking things up and having more fun than ever before.

Mary Daly is one of my favorite theologians and writers. She wrote with delight and joy, letting the pen loose. She was fearless and an inspiration for many, especially me.

A few years back, my friend Rick and I drove 2.5 hours to go see and hear her speak in Emporia, KS. It was strange to think of her in Emporia, KS but she was fabulous! She looked grandmotherly but let the F-bomb fly.

We met her afterwards and she was lovely. She signed my book, I shall take even more care of it now. She asked me if I was a writer, I naively said yes, and she told me to never give up and write with courage.

She changed our world. Even if you don't know her, she changed your world. Thank you Mary!

I'll always love you!

Comments

Terri said…
what a wonderful gift to this world, she was...RIP Mary.

Popular Posts