Sleep Deprived Post

First of all, I am a sleeper. I can sleep through nearly anything.  I can still sleep until noon. As soon as my head hits the pillow I fall asleep. I can wake up and go back to sleep almost immediately. I'm a sleeper, it's what I do.

This morning I woke up around 2:30 or 3. I have not been able to go back to sleep! I've been yawning for hours, I've tried laying down and going back to sleep but it's not working. So here I am 2.5 hours later writing on my blog. I'm not sure I can be responsible for what I write in this sleep deprived state.

In about 5 hours I'll leave to pick up my eldest daughter and her BFF from college. Let's hope I don't sleep during the drive!  Okay, not really funny. I'll have to take a cue from my mom and pull over and take a nap when I get drowsy.

I think it was my junior year of high school and I was driving a boat of a car that looked a lot like this:
Image result for 4 door 70s long carsIf possible, I think it was even longer and not as pretty but it was gold. Anyways, it was sort of embarrassing to drive but it was also utterly heavenly to drive. It was like sailing, smoothest ride I ever had.

I had a habit of skipping school in Manhattan and driving back to Emporia to visit my friends at my old high school. One day as I was going back to Manhattan I fell asleep driving. I woke up with the sound of metal scraping the passenger side of the car along the  railing of a bridge. I was one lucky kid, my neighbor Wilma always said "God protects fools and children." Thank goodness for that! I quickly righted my boat and pulled over to check the damage. Miraculously it wasn't much at all. I had a long scrape where the paint was etched off but that was it!  Of course I tried to keep the boat parked across the street so my mom wouldn't notice. She eventually did and I lied and told her that someone must have scraped it in the school parking lot. Back then I was sure I had covered my lies but looking back I'm pretty sure my mom had my number.

I plan NOT to repeat the scenario today, rather than flatlands I'll be driving over mountain passes to pick up my eldest and her BFF. Perhaps that's why I can't sleep, I would love to get dressed and head out now but I need to stick around to get my youngest to school.

Happy Friday, stay woke my friends!

Comments

Popular Posts