Scrapping the Plan

Last week I had two interviews--one working as a case manager/program counselor at a prison and the other as a case supervisor for an organization that protects children.  Two interesting and challenging places to work.  Two jobs I'd love and be honored to have.

At my second interview they asked the question I have no answer for--what is your 5 year plan?  I likely blew the interview when I told them that I scrapped the plan and I no longer have a plan.  Frankly, I don't believe in plans.  Even later when pushed about a shorter plan--I have no plan.  I said something along the lines of "I want to do good work.  If you hire me I will dedicate myself heart and soul to ___ for the long haul but I don't have a plan."  It was the most honest thing I could say.  Perhaps honesty is part of the reason I'm still searching.

I also wonder if part of the reason I'm still searching is that I continue to sporadically write on the blog.  It's not anonymous.  I discovered that too often when you think you are anonymous you aren't so instead I'm transparent.

Transparent.  Crystal clear.  A girl that wears her heart on her sleeve.  A woman who doesn't believe in plans.  A woman who does and loves good work--work that makes a difference--work that matters.  That's not too much is it?  Is that my plan?

Comments

Popular Posts